Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mini Caching Marathon

Friday morning I loaded up all my gear and headed toward Clarksville for a mini caching marathon. I was going to see if I could break my previous record of 42 finds in one day. I started the day at GolfNutz travel bug motel. For some reason I had not stopped to get this cache yet. This morning there were 2 reasons for doing this one. First, to get rid of a couple of travel bugs that had been in my posession way too long. Second, to retrieve the key to go find the new Champion cache. After returning the key I found quite a few around town that I had not looked for in the past and a few that had previously eluded me. After finding 18 in town I headed toward the Harmony area about noon. I felt like I was well on my way to surpassing my goal. When I had found about half a dozen caches in the area it began to rain. Seriously thinking about giving up and going home, I decided to just keep going and the rain soon stopped. After a few DNF's and quite a few bumpy miles later I headed for home unsure of what my total count was for the day. When I logged all of my finds later that night the total came to 42. Oh well, so I didn't beat my record. I still enjoyed each and evey cache even though I must now say that I truly hate micros in the woods. Overall it was a great day of caching and I got to see lots of wildlife and a few of the first flowers of the Spring. I did not take any pictures although my camera was in the seat right beside me the whole time. It looks like we might get some rain this week so I will try and get some good waterfall photos to post and maybe do a little caching too. I am also going to hide a few this week. My goal is to have at least 20 new caches around Russellville before the big Clarksville Event in April. Ya'll come find 'em.

No comments: